Thursday, June 20, 2013

Update on Self Experiment.

So a week and a half on the diet, and this is what I have noticed so far, and what I am going to change:

1. Reducing the frequency of meals was actually easier than I thought. For some reason my thirst increased, so I have been taking in a lot more fluids. Change: I am going to use a 6-8 window instead of 4. I was having a hard time fueling my workouts, and fueling recovery in so little time. There were times I felt crazy and like my senses were in overdrive. 
2. My ankle Tendonitis only lasted 9 days, instead of 2-4 weeks. I am impart giving credit to Kelly Starrett and his tactics. (banding, mobbing, and mobilizing) Diet could have helped due to my body wasn't digesting as much food, so it could actually work and focus on helping heal my ankle. Who knows on this point. 
3. Change: I have decided to go Vegan as well as using a condensed window. I have decided to do this for reasons I don't want to get into at the moment, but it has happened. 
4. Even with some time off due to ankle, my workouts have been really good, and more focused. 
5. According to scale I have lost about 4 lbs, this is pretty good in a little over a week. 

Long story, and boring sciency (is that a word) stuff aside, the biggest key is consistency. I will leave you with a though. Results come from CONSISTENCY, doesn't really matter what vehicle, exercise program etc. you choose. Results are born from consistency, and having the determination to stick to your plan. Exercise builds fitness, good diet allows the results to show. #runhappy


If you want to kick like Chuck, well then you need to start kicking, and kick a lot!